Who we are …
The Single Frame, LLC (d.b.a. Read+Purr | The Read. Purr. Collective) (“the Company”, “us”, “we”, or “our”), operates the website ReadPurr.com. We may change or add to this privacy notice, so we encourage you to come back and read it periodically. The Single Frame, LLC / Read+Purr is the data controller; our mailing address is PO Box 22097, Lexington KY 40522.
This privacy notice governs the website ReadPurr.com and informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service, and the choices you have associated with that data. Your privacy is very important to us.
We use your data to provide and improve our site. By using the site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Data we collect
While using our site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personal data that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personal Data may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Mailing address
Information collected automatically
Here are some of the types of information we do collect:
- Log & Device data. When you visit our site, we may automatically record information (“log data”), including information that your browser sends whenever you visit our site. This log data may include your time zone or location.
How we use your information
We may use information that we collect about you to:
- Provide our Products and Services. We will use your information to provide our products and services to you.
- Understand and improve our products. We will perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others. We do this to help make our products better and to develop new products.
- Communicate with you. We may send you emails about new product features or other news about us or on topics we think would be relevant to you. You may opt out of these at any time. Visit the Your Choices section below.
- Respond to your requests. We will also use your information to respond to your questions or comments.
We may develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our products and services on our site and on other sites.
We also may use your information to manage our business or perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
Sharing and disclosures
We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated within this policy or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared.
We will share your information in the following ways:
With third party service providers, agents, or contractors. We use other companies, agents or contractors (“Service Providers”) to perform services on our behalf or to assist us with providing services to you. For example, we may engage Service Providers to process credit card transactions or other payment methods. Or, we may engage Service Providers to provide services such as marketing, advertising, communications, infrastructure and IT services, to provide customer service, to collect debts, and to analyze and enhance data (including data about users’ interactions with our service). These Service Providers may have access to your personal or other information in order to provide these functions. In addition, some of the information we request may be collected by third-party providers on our behalf. We do not authorize them to use or disclose your personal information except in connection with providing their services.
Payment Providers: We may provide paid products and/or services within the site. When we do, we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors). We will not store or collect your payment card details. That information is provided directly to our third-party payment processors whose use of your personal information is governed by their own privacy notice. The payment processors we work with adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of payment information.
Links to other sites
We have links on our site to other sites that we do not operate. If you click on a third-party link, you will be taken directly to that site, which is governed by its own privacy notice. We strongly encourage you to read that privacy notice. We do not control those third-party sites and assume no responsibility for their content, policies, or practices.
Read+Purr will retain your Personal Data only for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice. We will retain and use your Personal Data to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your data to comply with applicable laws), resolve disputes, and enforce our legal agreements and policies.
Read+Purr will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Choices and individual rights
We aim to take reasonable steps so you can correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
You have the following choices:
- E-mail. As described above, if you do not wish to receive promotional e-mails from us, you may opt out at any time.
- Your browser’s help function should contain instructions on how to set your computer to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or to not receive cookies at any time.
- You can opt out of online targeted advertising by opting out within the advertisement itself or by visiting Digital Advertising Alliance, http://www.aboutads.info/, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada http://youradchoices.ca/, or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/. You can also opt out of the Digital Advertising Alliance using your mobile device settings.
Your rights under certain circumstances
To access and receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you.
To rectify any Personal Data held about you that is inaccurate.
To request the deletion of Personal Data held about you.
You have the right to data portability for the information you have provided to us. You can request to obtain a copy of this information in a commonly used electronic format so that you can manage and move it. We will need to verify your identity before being able to respond to such requests. Please contact us at email@example.com.
We believe we use reasonable administrative, logical, physical, and managerial measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, and unauthorized access, use, and modification. Unfortunately, no measures can be guaranteed to provide 100% security. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
Shopping in our online store …
Our shop is managed and run by Shopify. You can read their customer-privacy information here.
Changes to the policy
We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do make changes, we’ll post any changes on this page. If you continue to visit our site after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy. If the changes are significant, we may provide more prominent notice or get your consent on the new policy.
How to contact us
This policy was last updated on Aug. 28, 2022